College Advance Learning Community
What is the College Advance Learning Community?
College Advance (formerly Project Advance) in the College of Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences (CAHSS) is coordinated by the dean and faculty members in CAHSS.
It links first-year students in three areas: English Composition I* and US History since 1865* (Fall semester) and English Composition II* and Critical Thinking/Philosophy (Spring semester). Students are expected to continue as a cohort by registering for African American Literature I* in the fall sophomore year and Global Societies* in their fall junior year.
*course meets General Education Breadth requirements
Program Learning Goals/Outcomes
- English Composition
- Critical Thinking
- African American Literature I
- Global Societies
- Being part of a cohort of students with your shared academic interests
- Learning in special inter-disciplinary classes sharing a common theme, assignments, and extracurricular activities
- Working with Supplemental Instructors to ensure your academic success in the program
- Developing a strong academic infrastructure to facilitate success in your college career
Please note: As an enrollee in the program, you are required to attend New Student Orientation sessions I, II, III, or IV to secure your early registration for your fall semester courses.
Mail or fax a paper application, the address and fax number is listed below
Delaware State University
College Advance/College of Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences
1200 N. DuPont Hwy
Dover, DE 19901
collegeadvance [at] desu.edu